February 9, 2017
Temporary Liturgical Adaptations
During the 2017 Flu/Cold Season
The Public Health Office of Santa Clara County has requested that the Diocese make a number of temporary adaptations t our celebrations of the Eucharist, so as to foster the health of our worshipping communities and also of the wider community. The following adaptations are now in effect temporarily.
- Holy Communion will not be shared under the form of Consecrated Wine.
- Those who wish to receive Holy Communion on the tongue are asked to receive Communion last.
- People should not hold hands during the recitation of the Lord’s Prayer.
- The Sign of Peace should not be adapted so as to allow for a greeting that does not involve shaking hands or touching.
- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass does not hold for those who are seriously ill.